Bainum Foundation Farm is hiring a full-time Seasonal Farm Worker for the 2019 growing season!
Located in scenic Middleburg, Virginia, the Bainum Foundation Farm works to address an enduring problem in the District of Columbia: access to affordable, healthy food in low-income neighborhoods, especially Wards 7 and 8. Seasonal staff will have a unique opportunity to learn about non-profit farming and to directly contribute to the availability of quality, nutritious produce for food insecure children and communities!
Compensation: $8 to $10 per hour (depending upon experience), plus shared housing available for full-time seasonal staff, basic utilities and access to produce from the Farm.
- Season runs from April/May through October/November 2019. Candidates must be able to commit to the full season.
- Successful candidates must provide a resumé and references, as well as pass both a drug test and background check.
Skills and Abilities
- Farming experience is a plus, but not required. Experience working outdoors is helpful.
- Able to work long hours in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift and carry heavy loads.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Driver’s license preferred (licensed staff may support regular produce deliveries to partners)
Learn more about Bainum Family Foundation at www.bainumfdn.org
To Apply: Send resume to Deborah Flores, Recruiter, at email@example.com