Blue Water Baltimore, the leading water quality nonprofit in Baltimore, seeks a part-time (20 hrs./week) Bookkeeper to support the financial functions of Blue Water Baltimore and staff (programmatic & administrative). Bookkeeping and accounting duties including managing accounts receivable & accounts payable, performing account reconciliations, managing grant invoicing processes, and providing managerial staff with reports to help them monitor their grant projects and budgets.
Blue Water Baltimore’s mission is to restore the quality of Baltimore’s rivers, streams and Harbor to foster a healthy environment, a strong economy, and thriving communities. Blue Water Baltimore is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that accomplishes a wide range of work and partners with diverse organizations and community stakeholders to reach its restoration, greening, and advocacy goals. Read more at www.bluewaterbaltimore.org.
The Bookkeeper will:
● Manage accounts payable – input invoices, payroll and upload app transactions (Tallie and
Bill.com), maintain accounts payable files, handle vendor inquiries, organize checks for
signature, mail payments to vendors
● Manage accounts receivable – issue and input invoices, monitor receipt of payments and apply
to appropriate accounts, prepare deposits, maintain deposit files, manage collections
● Register, train staff and manage user accounts for finance applications; Tallie, Bill.com and
corporate credit cards
● Manage reconciliations – monthly bank reconciliations, monthly corporate credit card
reconciliations, weekly CRM reconciliations, seasonal retail sales reconciliations
● Enter new grants and customer contracts into QuickBooks
● Add new grants and customer contracts to the timesheet and expense forms; remove closed
grants and customer contracts
● Produce Profit and Loss reports from QuickBooks for all departments
● Manage invoicing for grants
● File Maryland sales tax monthly
● Research and pursue increased efficiencies in finance management
● Assist with annual audit preparation
● Complete other finance tasks as assigned by Director of Finance and Administration
● Associate’s Degree
● 3-5 years of Bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
● Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite applications
● Able to quickly adapt and act with a high level of professionalism and confidence
● Ability to work some weekends and evenings with a flexible planned schedule
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and
● Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
● Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Salary Range: $19/hr. – $22/hr.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please. Blue Water Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.