CBMM is looking for a Buildings Maintenance Mechanic to join our hard-working facilities maintenance team. Serving more than 90,000 guests each year, CBMM’s 18 acre campus includes 30+ structures, including nine historic buildings, and a members-only marina, all set in a park-like, waterfront setting along the Miles River and St. Michaels’ harbor.
This is a hands-on position. The Buildings Maintenance Mechanic will participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staffing the maintenance and repair of CBMM’s buildings, their related systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security, fire, etc.), and the marina facility. This position will coordinate and supervise all contacted work to buildings and system maintenance, from the procurement process through final acceptance of the work. The Buildings Maintenance Mechanic is expected to be on-call for emergency situations, and some weekend work is required.
● Extensive experience in the maintenance and repair of commercial facilities; educational or museum facilities a plus.
● Knowledge and ability to use basic hand and power tools
● Working knowledge of best practices for the maintenance and repair of historic buildings, carpentry, and troubleshooting HVAC, electrical, and plumbing issues
● Working knowledge of building codes and OSHA regulations.
● Advanced training and/or certification preferred in carpentry, electric, or plumbing
● High School Diploma or Equivalent
● A valid driver’s license, and clean driving record
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical skills and a proven record of creating and maintaining positive and effective vendor and contractor relationships. A willingness and ability to perform routine manual work and ability to lift more than 40 pounds.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.