Blue Sky Fund is a local Richmond non-profit based in Church Hill. Our mission is to provide transformational experiences for Richmond youth through outdoor education through two core program areas – academic and adventure. We have two core program areas – academic and adventure. We are currently seeking several bus drivers for our Explorers Program during the 2023-2024 school year. For a more detailed description of our core programs, please visit our website www.blueskyfund.org.
Explorers is an experiential education program that partners with 3rd – 5th grade classrooms in the Richmond Public School (RPS) system. Each partner school participates in science-based field trips in the Richmond area, focused on team-building, resilience skills, nature exploration, and positive experiences in the outdoors.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Safely drive one of the 3 Blue Sky buses – transporting 3rd-5th grade students from their schools to field experience sites and then returning them to school in the afternoons.
- Maintain cleanliness and reporting on the functioning of the Blue Sky Fund buses.
- Prep buses before field trips, transport students from school to site, wait on site, return students to school.
- Complete and stay current on relevant driver trainings, certifications, and testing for safety-sensitive personnel, as assigned by Transportation Coordinator.
- Represent Blue Sky Fund in a professional manner at all times, specifically acting as a positive role model for the students with whom we interact.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Passion and connection to Blue Sky Fund’s mission
- Reliable transportation to Blue Sky Fund office
- Priority: Class B CDL-P (passenger endorsement) certification or willingness to be trained for Class B CDL-P certification and clean driving record
Job Details: Training and programming runs from July 2023 through April 2024. Time frame is generally 8 AM – 2:30 PM Tuesday through Friday. Some longer trips in Fall 2023 may extend stop time up until 3:30pm. Compensation is $25-$28/hour for approximately 20-31 hrs/week.
To Apply: Please fill out an online application on our website: www.blueskyfund.org/get-involved/employment. Please include in your cover letter if you currently have a Class B CDL-P or are interested in obtaining a Class B CDL-P. If you have any questions, please contact Josh Bearman, Programs Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Sky Fund is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace in which all participants, employees, volunteers and supporters of all genders, races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, identities, education levels, and abilities feel valued and respected.