Butterfly House Description: The butterfly house is a seasonal (open to the public June –October) exhibit providing a close-up, educational experience on the natural history and life cycle of butterflies. It showcases several species of native Harford County butterflies and their host plants, as well as nectar plants. The exhibit emphasizes the importance of creating and protecting native habitats and the importance of plant-animal relationships in nature.
- Help observe and care for the eggs, caterpillars, chrysalides and butterflies in the house
- Help maintain and care for the host plants and nectar plants in the house
- Assist and/or teach educational programs in the butterfly house
- Help supervise and act as house host/docent during public viewing times
- Assist with other duties as needed (i.e. special events, data-entry, etc.)
Contact: Sue Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org