Have you always had an interest in land planning and design that considers natural resources and improving the environment? Does the idea of restoring streams and wetlands to enhance people’s quality of life appeal to you? If you are seeking a career where you can apply your CAD skills to projects that support multiple ecological and economic benefits, LandStudies could be the place for you.
Since 1989, LandStudies has worked to restore and manage natural resources, thus improving their function and maximizing their economic potential. We are currently seeking a full-time CAD Manager with expert level experience in MicroStation and Civil3D and with experience in the preparation of permitting and construction drawings for stream and wetland restoration, stormwater management, and other environmental design projects to join our growing Design team. The successful candidate will:
Primary Skills and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and maintenance of CAD standards and procedures.
- Train LSI staff in the consistent application of standards and efficient use of CAD software.
- Assist with management of survey equipment and insuring the use of consistent survey practices and transfer of survey data to CAD systems.
- Support LSI staff with the preparation of permitting and construction drawings for stream and wetland restoration, stormwater management, and other environmental design projects.
- Draft grading, site improvements, and details as directed by Design staff.
- Develop existing surfaces based on survey data and proposed surfaces using various grading tools.
- Prepare plan sheets and plan sets to establish plan standards.
- Assist with field work and data collection including surveying and stream assessment tasks.
Other Opportunities for Professional Development:
- Perform field surveys and stream assessments
- Assist with geomorphic assessments
- Perform other design-related tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CAD) or equivalent
- Eight or more years of relevant experience and expert level skills in Bentley MicroStation and OpenRoads Designer and Autodesk Civil3D
- Experience with handling large multi-sheet CAD files with MicroStation and Civil 3D
- This includes a clear understanding of complex structured groups of CAD files with external references, overlays, and nested CAD file layers
- A firm understanding of developing large CAD models with an implemented set of CAD standards that are structured to provide a consistent look/feel to our deliverables
- Ability to develop and/or maintain CAD standards
- Ability to effectively train staff in the efficient application of current standards and procedures
- Experience with highway projects in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland
- Experience with land development and urban planning projects preferred
- Experience with Maryland Department of Transportation Standards for Highways & Incidental Structures (MDSHA) will be strongly considered
- Good organizational skills and professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
Salary is commensurate with experience and training. Benefits package for full-time employees includes PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental coverage, and 401K with company match.