The primary objective of this position is to ensure the timely execution and management of the myriad of administrative responsibilities faced by a governmental organization. Core areas including the following:
- Administrative support to Executive Director, State Directors and Commission members.
- Act as Commission first point of contact – receive and screen all calls and visitors.
- Scheduling, coordination and general oversight responsibility for quarterly Commission meetings.
- Manage monthly record keeping including expense accounts, charge cards, timesheets and personnel records for all employees.
- Serve as Benefits & Retirement Coordinator for the Maryland Department of Budget and Management and State Retirement Agency.
- Prepare annual budget with Executive Director and analysis of actual, projected and future appropriation needs.
- Coordinate annual audit of Commission financial records.
- Fiscal and record-keeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, procurement, and preparation and coordination of contractual agreements and grants.
- Manage all Commission grants to ensure proper reporting, record keeping, retention requirements, reimbursements and appropriations.
- Manage the Commission’s website using Dreamweaver and serve as Administrator of the Office 365 and SharePoint account, with the assistance of our IT consultant.
- Assist in production of all publications.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
A minimum of five years professional experience, preferably working for a state government entity in an administrative capacity. Bachelor’s degree or professional experience may substitute. Require excellent organizational, management and communication skills; ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively. Must be a self-starter, relationship builder, problem solver, set goals and be able to meet deadlines. QuickBooks and Microsoft Office 365 software experience is preferred.