Communications and Partnership Coordinator
Chesapeake Conservancy and the National Park Service Chesapeake Bay Office (NPS) are partner organizations dedicated to achieving a healthier Chesapeake Bay through restoration, conservation and education. We strive to make connections for people to the rich cultural and natural history of the region. Working together and through partnerships to develop programs for the Chesapeake Gateways and Watertrails Network, we provide the public with the tools and opportunities to explore authentic Chesapeake experiences.
Our efforts require a great deal of attention to innovative public programs, a robust digital presence, and identifying and fulfilling partner needs. Both organizations accomplish their missions by working with a variety of partners on all levels of government and with non-profit organizations.
The Communications and Partnership Coordinator position will be based at two offices, both Chesapeake Conservancy and the National Park Service Chesapeake Bay Office as part of the Interpretation, Communication and Education Division. It is a wonderful opportunity to gain National Park Service experience and to work in a “park without borders”. The ideal candidate will assist both organizations by helping integrate communications tools, strategies, and messaging as the two organizations develop and formalize their partnership.
Communications and Partnership Coordinator will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of the Conservancy and NPS Communications team and participate in the development and implementation of an overall integrated communications strategy.
- Work with the Communications team to plan, promote and participate in a variety of joint projects that will include programming related to the 50th anniversary of the National Trail System and other coordinated campaigns.
- Develop, write and help promote web-based content. This includes writing and posting blog articles for FindYourChesapeake.com , assisting in the maintenance of www.nps.gov/chba, www.nps.gov/cajo,www.chesapeakeconservation.org and www.chesapeakeconservancy.org
- Generate and write partnership content for the Chesapeake Conservancy’s newsletter, Shorelines, and NPS newsletters.
- Participate in development and implementation of an integrated social media strategy.
- Manage content and dissemination of “Lightning Updates,” an e-news alert for Chesapeake Conservation Partnership highlighting notable news items.
- Oversee consultant who writes weekly e-newsletter “Trips & Tips” and dissemination through email, social and web site posting.
- Collaborate with social media teams to develop appropriate all content for all social media outlets.
- Monitor and coordinate response to public inquiries related to web-based wildlife cameras.
- Manage news clip dissemination, web posting, archives and formatting for clips for NPS and Chesapeake Conservancy.
- Pitch news items to reporters that cover NPS and Chesapeake Conservancy joint projects and programs.
- Support educational and outreach projects such as mobile Roving Ranger, Kids in Kayaks and exhibits at festivals, fairs or conferences.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and/or experience in communication, marketing or related field.
- Experience in customer service and speaking in public.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Experience with social networking and content management systems is desired.
- An interest in the issues related to conservation and restoration of the Chesapeake Bay
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal. The Chesapeake Conservancy offers a competitive employee benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and participation in a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please click the Apply button to access the application and upload your cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Please address all materials to Jody Couser, Director of Communications at the Chesapeake Conservancy. The position will remain open until filled.
The Chesapeake Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.