Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake (IPC) is seeking a Chesapeake Conservation and Climate Corps (Corps) Member to assist IPC with outreach, restoration, communications, and education events in the hubs of our One Water Partnership program. This program is engaging hundreds of congregations in hubs of activity in specific regions of Maryland, including Anne Arundel County, Harford County, Howard County, Baltimore City/County, and the Lower Eastern Shore, in addition to Lancaster County, PA. The One Water Partnership program facilitates collaborative activities among congregations, government, and partner nonprofit organizations to engage and mobilize faith communities in being better stewards of the watershed.
The Corps Member position is a one-year term of stipend-supported service from the Chesapeake Bay Trust based in our Annapolis, MD, office. IPC staff operate remotely most of the time, and outreach staff also visit congregations and partner sites. While most of the work will be computer based, there will be opportunities to visit congregation sites. This position will afford the Corps Member ample opportunity to learn various skills related to environmental restoration, outreach, and educational programming as well as establish a robust professional network with IPC’s numerous partner environmental nonprofit organizations.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust anticipates placing approximately 50 Corps Members, young adults aged 18-25, at nonprofit organizations and government agencies throughout the Chesapeake Bay Region for a year from August 14, 2024 to August 13, 2025. Corps Members will receive a living stipend of $31,200 from the Trust to support their year of service.
All applications must be submitted through the Trust’s online system by Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 4:00 pm EST. To view our Host Organization listing, view the application package, and access the online application visit the Chesapeake Conservation and Climate Corps section of the Trust’s website at https://cbtrust.org/chesapeake-conservation-corps/apply/.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust is holding a virtual Information Session on February 9th, 2024 at 12:00pm where they will be sharing information and answering questions about the Corps Member application process and Corps Program. Register for the virtual session at https://bit.ly/corpsmember24.
- Corps Members will be aged 18 to 25 at the start of the program.
- Corps Members are a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien, or have documentation confirming permission to work in the U.S. during the year-long term of service.
- Serve full-time (approximately 40 hours a week) at IPC for a period of one year from August 2024 to August 2025.
- Participate in 12 leadership and professional development trainings and three project days provided by the Chesapeake Conservation and Climate Corps program within the service year.
- Corps Members will complete a capstone project with the support of their Host Organization by the end of the service year.
- Corps Members will complete at least four peer-to-peer site visit days visiting fellow Corps Members and participating in activities at other Host Organizations throughout the service year.
For any questions about this position with Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake, contact Director of Development and Communications, Natalie Johnson — Natalie@InterfaithChesapeake.org or 410-609-6852.