Chesapeake Environmental Communications (CEC) has an immediate opening for a full-time and experienced Communications Specialist to join our growing team in downtown Richmond, Virginia.
CEC is an environmental consulting company providing communications, marketing and development support to clients specializing in various environmental fields, ranging from conservation, education, corporate sustainability, stewardship engagement, ecotourism, and research. We largely focus on marine and coastal projects, through a variety of clients within the federal, state, non-profit, private industry and academic sectors and across broad geographies.
Our team combines subject matter expertise with graphic design, crafted written content, creative delivery and an understanding of social marketing to target messages and audiences.
The Communications Specialist will develop and coordinate communications both for CEC and our clients. This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain close familiarity with CEC’s projects, clients, focal areas, and strategic plan;
- Collaborate in development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies, across multiple platforms and formats for CEC and our clients;
- Collaborate with CEC staff to develop communication materials (e.g., fact sheets, brochures, reports, press releases, etc.) for print and digital distribution;
- Identify and track evaluation metrics to assess success of communication materials and strategies;
- Develop and implement recommendations to adapt communication materials and strategies based on performance metrics;
- Manage Customer Relationship Manager databases;
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and as necessary, the media;
- Work closely with the rest of our team; and
- Represent CEC at professional meetings.
This is a full-time position is located in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, with occasional travel and projects that require work outside of those hours. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants without the following required skills and experience will not be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- At least three years of experience in communicating about environmental issues, including regular content development (writing), strategic use of digital media and platforms, content management systems, and web publishing;
- Creative, motivated self-starter with a passion and curiosity for the natural environment and progressive, sustainable solutions;
- Proven experience and capabilities in graphic design, particularly the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively as part of a team; and
- Being a dependable, interactive employee, demonstrate attention to details, and able to work within the Richmond, Virginia office.
Applicants should submit the following to Hiring Manager at info [at] ChesapeakeData.com
- Cover letter summarizing interest, experience, and salary expectations;
- At least two design and/or writing samples;
- Three professional references, including information about they know you;
- Subject line should reference Communications Specialist
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Benefits and a generous leave policy are included with this position. Additionally, our employees are offered a variety of training and professional development opportunities. Our goals include recruiting the highest caliber employees and then developing their skills to grow with our company.
Applications must be submitted by August 31, 2018.