Chesapeake Natives Inc. Seeks Seasonal Employee
June 7, 2019
Nursery Seasonal Employee: Watering
Chesapeake Natives, Inc.
Mt. Airy Mansion Greenhouse
9640 Rosaryville Road, Rosaryville, MD 20772
Part-time (25hrs/week): $15/hr, no benefits, no overtime.
Start Date: June 17th End Date: October 11th (Flexible)
About Chesapeake Natives, Inc.
Chesapeake Natives, Inc. is a volunteer-managed non-profit 501(c)(3) charity that has as its mission of protecting, promoting, and propagating, local ecotype native plants of the Chesapeake Bay watershed. Our plant nursery currently produces close to 200 wild-sourced species of native perennials, shrubs and trees.
Chesapeake Natives plant nursery seeks a well-organized individual that can recognize and appropriately water species depending on their need. The successful candidate must be able to do physical work, prioritize task areas, and adjust to the watering needs of the nursery environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about growing local ecotype native plants, have excellent people and management skills, and ideally, will have greenhouse or nursery experience in the production of native plants. We have a great nursery team and we would love to hear from qualified candidates who would like to work in the unique historic environment of Rosaryville State Park.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily watering 5 days a week, 5 hours per day, preferably mornings, one weekend day required.
- Watering will be required in all areas of the nursery, with the exception of the raingarden
- Able to work directly with senior management, and
- Perform other nursery duties as required, usually on rainy days.
All of the following are preferred (A minimum of one is required)
- Graduation from high school.
- Some prior work experience working with plants and pollinators.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Demonstrates from previous work experience clear communications skills, ability to multi-task, self-motivation, professionalism, organization, problem-solving skills, ability to lead by example, ability to work well with a team of diverse skill levels
- Meet, at minimum, the following general labor requirements: perform repetitive and physical tasks, bending for extended periods, lifting and carrying multiple potted plants of various sizes, and working in all weather conditions.
- Able to read, write, and speak in English
- Learn and stay up to date on the plants we grow.
Interested candidates should email a resume and a short description of why you are interested to email@example.com