Context of the Position
Each year, on the first week of June, thousands of Virginians simultaneously descend on the rivers, streams, and beaches throughout Virginia to remove harmful litter and debris as part of Clean the Bay Day. The Clean the Bay Day Assistant will help with the planning and execution of CBF’s Annual Clean the Bay Day event
1. Recruiting, organizing, coordinating, and mobilizing partners, including municipal partners, non-profits, church groups, military installations, small businesses, large corporations, and others to lead cleanups on Clean the Bay Day. This includes partner trainings and developing agreements.
2. Developing avenues for program promotion and registration, including assisting with development of promotional materials (including artwork) for awareness of the event and nurturing sponsorship opportunities.
3. Recruiting, managing, and interacting with Clean the Bay Day volunteers.
4. Managing preparation, dissemination, and collection of event materials, including giveaways, registration sheets, etc.
5. Working with CBF staff, operating professionally as a point of contact for the CTBD program.
6. Helping with general office/administrative support, including data entry and filing, digital and material organization, among other tasks related to the CTBD program.
Professional Experience and Qualifications
Self-initiative, the ability to work independently, as well as with a team, and excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Familiarity with Excel, Word, and Outlook required. The ability to multi-task, to manage several phases of an event simultaneously, to anticipate complications, and streamline processes are a must. This is a part-time position. Hours per week will range from 4 to 30, increasing as the event draws near.
Salary Range: $14