A little bit about us:
Clean Water Action is an organization working to empower people to take action to protect America’s waters, build healthy communities and to make democracy work for all of us. Clean Water Action has succeeded in some of the nation’s most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research and political advocacy focused on holding elected officials accountable to the public.
(This post is for our internship, BUT, we are soon to search for Full-Time & Part-Time! Get in front of the rush & put your name in first. We will follow up with you!) Email us, Baltimore@cleanwater.org!
Clean Water Action is dedicated to being an anti racist organization. We believe that those most affected by environmental degradation should have a voice at the table and solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for the most vulnerable among us.
Now, about this position:
Clean Water Action focuses on campaigns to protect public health, protect our waterways and drinking water sources, reduce climate change, and promote environmental justice. Our current national campaigns are advocating for the For the People Act to protect democracy and to replace water lines made of lead across the country. Candidates who possess a strong commitment to environmental, social, and political justice, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor will be well suited for this role. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of a CWA Intern:
- Learn the importance of environmental damages and how to enforce environmental law.
- Promote clean, renewable energy and combat climate change.
- Communicate with and educate communities about important issues that matter globally.
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision-makers
- Recruit new and existing members and motivate them to take action on a specific campaign.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying, and educational campaigns.
- Must be located within a commutable distance of the Baltimore area.
- Must be available for 3 shifts a week minimum. (Shifts are 1:30pm-9:00pm Monday through Friday.)
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice, and inclusion.
- A desire for non-profit career development is a plus.
- Experience with canvassing and political organizing is a big plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Starting rate of $13.25-$15/hr+ bonus.
- Work with an industry leading environmental Non-Profit.
- Flexible Scheduling.
- Relaxed, fun, and casual workplace culture.
- Paid training.
- Gain knowledge of local politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues.
- Possibly earn college credit.
- Enhanced benefits available for employees who work 21+ hours a week.
As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.