Coastal Resources, Inc. (www.coastal-resources.net) is a small, woman-owned, ecological consulting firm located in Annapolis, MD. We are currently interviewing for a Full-Time Mid-Level Environmental Scientist. The successful candidate will work closely with our existing team of environmental scientists, hydrologists, biologists, geomorphologists, and engineers with environmental design related work.
The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in the office and field and should be skilled in coordinating with clients, including federal, state, and local agencies. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, self-starting team player who is organized and able to work effectively under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- B.A or B.S. degree in Environmental Science, or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience conducting geomorphic surveys, monitoring stream restoration projects, watershed assessment, stream mitigation site searches, stream corridor assessments, performing data entry and analysis, and report preparation
- Proficiency with GPS and GIS technologies to support technical field work and reporting
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Must have the ability to train and mentor less experienced staff
- Must be willing to perform a wide of range tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred, but not required
- Preparation of stream restoration design plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Rosgen training
- CADD software (Microstation/AutoCAD)
- Knowledge of H&H modeling software (HEC-RAS, HY-8, TR-55, and TR-20)
Position requires rigorous field work in all weather conditions and a high level of teamwork in a fast-paced and fun work environment.
Competitive salary and benefits package. EEO. No phone calls please.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.