The Environmental Finance Center (EFC) is housed within the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation at the University of Maryland. The EFC is one of ten University-based centers across the country providing communities with the tools and information necessary to manage change for a healthy environment and an enhanced quality of life. This position supports the administrative and research function of the center and School. The Administrative and Research Coordinator reports to both the Director of the Environmental Finance Center and the Research Coordinator for the School.
Minimum qualifications include a BA, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, plus at least 2 years of experience working in a research administration and management role with grant experience is required. Experience with Kuali Financial Systems, Priority Software, BA4, and Kuali Research is strongly preferred. Experience with purchase cards and processing travel requests is desired. Familiarity with UMD administrative systems, policies, and procedures is also strongly preferred.
Some specific responsibilities for the position include:
- Provide direct administrative support to the EFC faculty and staff and research support to the faculty in the School and the EFC;
- Manage all aspects of the pre-award process of contract and grant administration;
- Work with PIs in the School and EFC, route proposals, create budgets, provide guidance on compliance with federal, state and award regulations;
- Coordinate and manage all other financial activities of the EFC —personnel, procurement, travel, reimbursements etc;
- Monitor budgets, reconcile budgets, provide reports, manage faculty effort on awards, resolve budget issues, initiate transfers;
- Provide accurate reporting of research-related financial information to the PIs and Director of the Center;
- Work with the Dean’s office and other campus departments regarding administrative and financial activities for the Center and School.