Communications Intern – The National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (Washington, D.C.)
December 10, 2021
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Start Date: January 24, 2022
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Location: Remote/Washington, D.C.
Summary: The National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (NCEL) seeks a highly motivated intern who is passionate about the environment to support our communications work. This includes assisting in drafting blog posts, social content, email updates, website maintenance, and legislator outreach.
NCEL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working with environmentally-committed state lawmakers to advance pro-environment initiatives in the states and defend against the rollback of environmental safeguards. The organization comprises a nationwide network of over 1,000 state legislators with membership in all 50 states and from both major parties. We conduct both issue-focused and regional projects, and our forums provide an opportunity for legislators to learn about emerging environmental issues and collaborate with their colleagues from other states. For more information, visit www.ncelenviro.org.
- Write regular social media content, email updates, blogs, and web posts.
- Work with program staff in drafting regular policy spotlights.
- Conduct outreach and interviews of NCEL members to create routine legislator spotlights.
- Draft op-eds and sample statements for legislators and NCEL.
- Lead the weekly update of bills to the NCEL website.
- Review and provide updates to the NCEL website.
- Assist in organizing State Lead events.
- Work with NCEL staff to support database and online community management.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to convey complex information in simple terms.
- Experience with social media and WordPress is preferred.
- Must have experience in Google applications and basic database management.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills.
- Interest or experience with environmental issues as well as communications from a previous experience or coursework is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF detailing your qualifications to Taylor Anderson at email@example.com by December 10 at 5:00 PM ET. Include “NCEL COMMUNICATIONS INTERN 2021” in the subject line.