For over 50 years, ACT has been and continues to be a fearless advocate for our diverse communities and coastal bays ecosystems. Our board, staff, volunteers, and partners are collaborative, adaptive, bold, and results driven. We envision a future where our coastal waters and natural areas are clean, valued, and protected by the people who live, work, and play in the coastal watershed. Working arm in arm with diverse community partners, we protect and defend the health of Delmarva’s coastal waters through advocacy, education, science, and the enforcement of just and equitable clean water laws.
We’re searching for a talented and professional Community Engagement Coordinator to create and maintain connections with our current and perspective constituent and business partners. You will work with our team to develop and implement initiatives that increase the organizations visibility and foster a better understanding of the work we do. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to take on this exciting role. The position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, readiness to be a team player and communicate effectively to different audiences.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft new fundraising campaigns and assist with our already established yearly fundraisers.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with donors as well as businesses and local community groups and associations.
- Brainstorming potential partnerships and methods of engagement in the lower Delmarva region.
- Work closely with community and state partners to plan and execute events.
- Develop strategic social media plans, manage development of content for social media and the website, and maintain a social media calendar. Monitor media and participate in rapid response when necessary.
- Use data driven strategies to lead our online presence to grow our supporter/follower base on social media platforms.
- Draft, and distribute approved campaign materials, press releases, blogs and ACT branded printed publications.
- Keep website up-to-date, and all public information uniform and consistent with the ACT brand.
- Cultivate and organize volunteers for projects and events.
- Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals and achievements of fundraising activities for the staff and board.
- Minimum of four years of experience in outreach, marketing, nonprofit advocacy, cause-oriented digital media, communications/public relations, or comparable work experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills for both online and traditional venues.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex policy and science issues for a general audience.
- Experience with marketing, fundraising, and advocacy communications.
- Skilled in planning and executing successful community outreach, engagement, and advocacy strategies through social media platforms such as email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and timelines with flexibility and attention to detail and in collaboration with staff and partners
- Demonstrated ability working as a member of a small team and developing effective working relations with staff, volunteers, and diverse communities.
- Proficient with Power Point, Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, WordPress or equivalent, and donor software such as Salesforce, Click and Pledge or equivalent. Experience with graphic sites such as Adobe Cloud and Canva.
- Valid driver’s license/driving record – to operate organization’s vehicles as needed.
- Physically able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, as well as be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move at least 35 pounds.
Additional Qualifications (but not required):
- Experience identifying grant opportunities and writing, submitting, and managing grant LOIs and proposals.
- Experience with grant management, including coordinating timelines, work plans, budgets, and other grant deliverables.
- Assist with drafting, layout and editing of annual reports, informational material, and brochures.
- Experience with recruitment and development of Board members.
This is a full-time, in-office position, with potential for some work at home flexibility. The successful candidate will be required to work some evenings and weekends to carry out fundraising and outreach duties. Travel outside the local area may be required 1-2 times per year. The salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 depending on experience with flexible PTO and medical stipend.
How to Apply
Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list, no candidate ever meets 100% of the requested qualifications. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you! Our staff and our Assateague Coastkeeper are the heart of our mission.
Assateague Coastal Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create and sustain a workforce that reflects the communities we strive to protect in our fight for clean water, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team!
Please send a resume, cover letter introducing yourself and contact information for three references to Nicole@ActForBays.org, in one PDF document, noting “Community Engagement Coordinator”
in the subject line. This position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.