Community, Environmental, and Farm Education Program Manager
Join the team of Outdoor Educators at the Environmental Education Campus of the Alice Ferguson Foundation located 30 minutes south of DC on the Potomac River in Accokeek, MD. AFF seeks a creative manager to serve as Camp Director to grow our day and overnight summer camp program, expand Hard Bargain Farm community programs, lead the regional Potomac River Watershed Cleanup and other community activities. AFF provides environmental education programs to 1000s of students per year on-site and in the National Parks. Help AFF spread environmental education and the joy of nature through these expanding community programs.
Salary grade/Entry level: 3rd tier (Manager Level)
Based at: Prince George’s County, MD
Reports to: Executive Director
Immediate supervisor of: Community, Environmental, and Farm Education Program Coordinator
Member of: Leadership Team
Alice Ferguson Foundation Mission
Our mission is to connect people to the natural world, sustainable agricultural practices, and the cultural heritage of their local watershed through education, stewardship, and advocacy. Established in 1954, we are a public charity chartered in the state of Maryland.
Purpose of the Position
Providing programmatic management and supervision of staff for Day and Overnight Summer Camps, Community and Family events with a focus on environmental and farm-based education programs. Responsible for our Potomac Watershed Cleanup events and campaigns.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience in a related field such as environmental science, education, or environmental policy.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- 2 to 3 years of program coordination experience across a range of activities.
- Able to work both independently in the field and as part of a team, as well as be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and through writing, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Access to a reliable vehicle with the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
- At least three years’ experience in non-formal education or environmental programming.
- At least one-year supervisory experience.
- Basic environmental knowledge and familiarity with the Potomac River Watershed area.
- Comfortable working in natural, outdoor settings.
- Basic software experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google document suite.
- Model behavior that is consistent with Foundation standards of conduct.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to details on webpage — Join Our Team – Alice Ferguson Foundation