National Park Service
Position title :
Community Volunteer Ambassador Program: June Cohort for Young People of Color Cohort
Organization/Program Description :
The Community Volunteer Ambassador (CVA) June cohort is designed to engage youth of color in the National Park Service. Members will be placed at NPS sites nationwide and will organize, lead, and participate in community and volunteer activities and events. As a part of the next generation of conservation leaders, CVA’s will gain new skills and experience through year-round training and professional development opportunities, enabling them to build a portfolio of professional skills and develop a community of support. This program is designed to address the following goals:
Goals of the CVA June Cohort:
Goal 1: Increase the overall diversity of the CVA program to reflect the nation’s demographics by recruiting from underrepresented communities to diversify the applicant pool and hire diverse members into CVA June positions.
Goal 2: Advance an equitable work culture in the NPS and youth programming by ensuring that sites, supervisors, and mentors are prepared and supported in cultivating inclusive environments for CVAs.
Goal 3: Support the Fellows in achieving personal & professional success while serving as a member of the CVA program by offering a range of relevant learning and development opportunities.
Goal 4: Support members’ future careers by promoting access to future opportunities working in NPS/ federal lands management partners.
Position Description :
READ THIS FIRST. Important: make sure you are eligible for enrollment:
- You must be a US citizen or permanent, legal US resident. International students are not eligible.
- You must be 18-30 years old, or up to 35 if you are a veteran.
- You must be eligible to serve in AmeriCorps term of service.
- You must attend the mandatory national training(s), whether in-person or virtual. Dates will be provided for these trainings within your first month, and all your travel expenses will be covered by the program.
- You must be available to work a 40-hour week for the 50-week term, that starts on June 7th.
- 50 weeks is just over 11 months
- The start date is June 7, 2021; the end date is May 20, 2022
- You will have personal time off during this time for sick, holiday, and vacation time.