Flexible location (or All locations) Part-Time, non-exempt.
Bat Conservation International (BCI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection of bats and their habitats in America and around the world, seeks a Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator will join a dynamic organization and a highly progressive team, reporting directly to the Director of Membership and Individual Giving. The position will be a key member of the Development & Communications department, responsible for maintaining, supporting and improving BCI’s donor database operational functions, ensuring that the database supports BCI strategies and maintaining a high level of data integrity.
The Database Administrator must be collaborative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission and results-driven, where they can bring their whole self to work, contribute to positive ecological and social change and achieve significant professional growth for future career opportunities.
BCI is a distributed organization with staff across the United States with two offices in Washington, DC and Austin, TX. BCI will consider candidates from all locations. Candidates in the Washington, DC, and Austin, TX metropolitan areas of the U.S. have the option to work in an office.
- Serve as liaison between Blackbaud and BCI development staff to troubleshoot and resolve issues including case management.
- Utilizing a high level of skill in all of BCI’s CRM products, guide our use of these products to maximize efficiency and support fundraising and communications goals.
- Develop and deliver targeted training to current and new users and provide ongoing assistance
Data Integrity and Management
- Ensure data integrity of Raiser’s Edge database overseeing all operations and updates, maintaining the structure of attributes, code tables, business rules, and all other setup functions.
- Manage regular imports, NCOA updates, duplicate records, and integrations with other systems.
- Provide regular and custom reports, queries, lists, and dashboards in support of Development and Communications goals, executive level decision makers, and to track progress of our efforts.
Donor Prospecting and Moves Management
- Assist in ensuring appropriate data is entered to facilitate moves management and donor segmentation, including wealth screenings and prospecting information.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Three or more years’ experience in CRM database management.
- High proficiency with BlackBaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of fundraising and development terminology & practices.
- Proven track record of identifying and evaluating data-informed patterns and outcomes.
- Experience with BlackBaud’s Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge NXT are preferred.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to think strategically and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and innovatively as part of a remote team in a results-oriented work environment.
Work Characteristics and Competencies:
- Motivated to create social and environmental impact.
- Highly professional demeanor to build and sustain productive working relationships with all levels of staff, vendors, and partners.
- Highly curious individual who loves learning new things and solving problems.
- Contributes to a healthy workplace and organization.
What We Offer You:
This position pays $20-24/hour dependent on experience with an expectation of 24 hours/week. Bat Conservation International is committed to supporting staff well-being and professional development. If you have 70% or more of the desired qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Individuals interested in applying should send their resume and cover letter. Applications are due by midnight on September 15, 2021.
Bat Conservation International is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community.