Deadline Extended to April 1, 2018: Education Internship (Paid)
This 12-week, 32 hour/week internship will focus on promoting Jug Bay’s education goals through the development of new curriculum, film vignettes, and provide input into the development of an education portal for the Jug Bay website. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated interest and passion in environmental education and the natural world.
- Creating substantive and robust indoor environmental education curriculum to support Sanctuary field trips during periods of inclement weather;
- Designing and creating a variety of film vignettes/promotional videos highlighting JBWS education programs, on-site research, etc.;
- Research dynamic and information education portals and provide recommendations for an education portal for JBWS;
- Other projects may be developed based on intern’s interests and Sanctuary needs.
Candidates Should Have
- Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills;
- Be very comfortable sending emails and making phone calls to potential Jug Bay partners;
- An educational background in environmental education, marketing, or communications is a plus;
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and photo/video editing softwares;
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively;
- A love for the natural world is a must!
Qualified applicants should submit the following in their application package:
- A one page statement of interest demonstrating the applicant’s qualifications for the position;
- A one-page resume;
- Copies of transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable);
- Two letters of recommendation.
Applications must be received by April 1st, 2018. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview by April 5th, 2018. The position start date will be on or about June 1, 2018.
The Friends of Jug Bay will provide an internship stipend totaling $4,000; one installment of $2,000 will be given after the 6th week of the internship. A final payment of $2000 will be made upon the receipt of internship deliverables. Interns must provide their own transportation.
Email completed applications to:
Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary
For more information contact:
Liana Vitali at 410.741.9330 or email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!