Nature Sacred, a small operating foundation nonprofit in Annapolis, MD, dedicated to the creation of community-led, contemplative green spaces nation-wide, is seeking a Development Associate. The Development Associate will be a key team member, in a quick-paced, entrepreneurial environment, assisting in achieving Nature Sacred’s mission to inspire and support the creation of public green spaces that offer a temporary place of sanctuary, encourage reflection, provide solace, and engender peace and well-being. For 25 years, Nature Sacred has partnered with over 130 communities across the country to infuse nearby nature into places where nature and healing is often needed most: under-resourced neighborhoods, schools, hospitals, prisons and more. Learn about our model, our approach and our Sacred Places: naturesacred.org
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate will be responsible for the following:
CEO and Director of Development Support
- Facilitate Board of Directors relationship building and support.
- Assist in planning with, and attend Board and Committee meetings, and produce minutes.
- Assist in prospect and donor visit preparation and recaps, including assisting in the writing of solicitation proposals, next steps, and follow-up materials.
- Support financial, administrative, and external relation duties.
Donor Database Management and Integrity
- Process all contributions via CRM system (Bloomerang) and prepare acknowledgement letters on a timely basis.
- Manage Data by maintaining donor and member contact information, preparing mailing lists, merging solicitation letters, and assembling mailings.
- Generate reports as needed.
- Assist with prospect research.
- Provide additional administrative support to the Director of Development and CEO, as needed.
- Co-develop member communications such as hard copy mailings and donor profiles.
- Provide logistical and execution support for 3-4 mailing annually to over 250 households.
- Support the development and execution of at least two digital, fundraising campaigns annually.
- Respond to donor and general inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Complete phone follow up, email communication, and letter writing for donors and
- Coordinate, collaborate and facilitate promotional and fundraising activities and events, as assigned, both in-person and virtual.
Qualifications & Application
- At least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience and/or interest in fundraising/development, membership programs, and special events for non-profit organizations.
- Detail Oriented. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with keen attention to detail, abundance of energy, self-direction, organization, ability to think fast on your feet.
- Communication & Relationship Building: An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven team player who can collaborate across the development department and the organization to support the achievement of goals. A skilled communicator and relationship builder.
- A passion for project management, including reporting, to grow a fundraising shop.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, as well as CRM systems i.e Bloomerang, Raiser’s Edge.
- Comfort working with budgets.
This is a full-time, non-exempt role. Please note, an important component of this position is occasional site visits to the Sacred Places, which vary in size. The Sacred Places are generally undeveloped sites, and often – at least before they are fully developed as a Sacred Place – their terrain includes uneven surfaces with little or no paved walkways or trails. Regional day trips or overnight travel around the country may be required. Some tasks will involve physical activity such as walking and occasional lifting of 20lb + boxes.
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes health and dental benefits, which are paid 100% for the employee by Nature Sacred. 401K is offered including eligibility for matching. Typical office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – the position’s duties may require additional evening and weekends hours as needed for events, staff retreats, etc. In-office with some remote work schedule, as long as performance requirements are regularly met.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and 2 references to email@example.com; resumes will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Nature Sacred celebrates and practices diversity and inclusion in its present and future operations and programs. Nature Sacred is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.