Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) seeks a qualified candidate to join the Development Team. This is a great entry level opportunity for someone who loves the outdoors, is passionate about protecting clean water, and interested in fundraising, events planning, and/or digital marketing for nonprofits.
Key duties include Membership Support with emphasis on data entry, event coordination and support; and Digital Communications with emphasis on crafting pithy social media content, visual storytelling, online fundraising, and google analytics.
Fundraising and Events
- Data Entry – Execute a variety of data and donation administration processes
- Input donations accurately into Salesforce CRM (daily)
- Assure integrity of database records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding, etc.
- Prepare segmented lists for print mailings and social media communications
- Membership Support – Assist with acknowledgement letters and emails, ensure timely adherence to gift acknowledgement procedures
- Events Coordination – assist with logistics and planning for fundraising events, including an annual Benefit Gala, tabling at outreach events and following up with prospective members
- Graphics Design for fundraising materials including appeal letters, brochures, event signage, infographics, and visual storytelling
- Other duties, as assigned
- Liaise with Program, and Communications teams to develop and post social media content across several channels with an emphasis on brand consistency and visual storytelling on a wide range of environmental issues
- Identify and promote social media fundraising opportunities for events and development campaigns, such as online peer-to-peer fundraising, Polar Bear Plunge, Giving Tuesday, Sharkfest, World Rivers Day
- Track social media analytics such as engagement and clicks to optimize social media performance
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence
- Establish best practices in digital marketing
- Stay up-to-date with digital technologies developments
- Setting up and maintaining Google Ad campaigns
Did you know that research shows that people from women and underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications? Please know that no one ever meets 100% of the listed job qualifications. You may have skills that aren’t among the listed qualifications. And, there is often flexibility in entry level positions. This might be the right next role for you if you have:
- 1 year of work experience; an interest/experience with environmental work
- Demonstrated skills with Salesforce donor management software
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A knack for social media
- Ability to create data graphs to answer questions and identify opportunities for fundraising
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to self-start are essential qualities. Willingness and ability to take initiative, accept assignments and independently figure out steps necessary for completion
- A cheerful disposition, “can do” attitude
- Demonstrable computer skills, especially including: Microsoft Office Suite, Vertical Response or other Email communications software
Additional skills a plus:
- Experience implementing and optimizing Google Ad-words campaigns
- Knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Hands on experience with online marketing tools and practices
- Knowledge of social networking forums and strategies to promote causes a plus
- Salesforce Trailblazer Badges
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Salary: $35,000 – $45,000
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line “LAST NAME – Development Associate Position”
Potomac Riverkeeper Network welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Potomac Riverkeeper Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the public’s right to clean water in our rivers and streams. We stop pollution to promote safe drinking water, protect healthy river habitats, and enhance public use and enjoyment. Our headquarters is located in Washington, DC, with field offices in Virginia and Maryland. For more information about this position and PRKN visit our website at https://www.potomacriverkeepernetwork.org/employment-opportunities/