Green Fin Studio seeks to add a full-time Development Director to our team. We are a full-service environmental communication firm working at the intersection of strategy, science, and creative media. We work with a wide variety of clients seeking to meet or exceed environmental goals.
We have cultivated a high performing team with a reputation for delivering smart, innovative products. If this sounds like your type of mission-driven environment, consider joining us.
Green Fin Studio delivers products, campaigns, and ongoing services to help environmental messages connect with target audiences. Our work spans habitat restoration, environmental protection, climate change, sustainable food development, ocean and coastal management, fisheries management, science and technology, and more of our world’s most complex challenges.
The Development Director will take a lead role in expanding Green Fin Studio’s portfolio and client base. The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in fostering innovation and future-focused approaches within other organizations.
This position will work with the rest of Green Fin Studio’s team to address a complete range of marketing and proposal needs for our environmental communication agency. The Development Director will oversee strategic planning with the leadership team (President, Vice-President, and Director of Communications) to set marketing goals, and facilitating the process with research and performance data management and analysis.
The successful applicant will develop proposals and qualifications packages for open-end, large scale, and small-scale projects, along with participating in weekly business development review meetings with staff leadership. This position will develop and maintain our qualifications library, as well as necessary collateral (website, landing pages, brochures, ads, print collateral, etc.) to support business development and the qualifications library. Additionally, the Development Director will guide the company’s external presence through channels such as webinars, presentations, conferences, sponsorships, and more.
Within our broad range of services, the Development Director plays a key role in expanding Green Fin Studio’s portfolio of projects and partners while at the same time supporting those projects through the development of products and services. Ideal candidates will have an extensive background in environmental consulting, communication, and marketing.
The Development Director will guide new business development by identifying requests for proposals, new partnerships and teaming opportunities, increasing the visibility and awareness of Green Fin Studio, and supporting the growth of our company.
In addition to business development, this position will also support our projects by providing a broad range of environmental communication services that may include:
- developing effective communication strategies,
- implementing and evaluating outreach and communication plans,
- reviewing technical documents and identifying ways to engage non-technical audiences with the information they contain,
- working with the Green Fin Studio Team to create products and services to satisfy project deliverables and client needs, and
- participating in client and team meetings.
The position reports to Green Fin Studio Senior leadership.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and work quality. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including a medical insurance plan, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan and bonuses. Green Fin Studio provides generous vacation and sick leave, volunteer participation, and paid holidays.
- Masters degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, marine science, marketing, communications, or related field and a minimum of 15 years of similar work experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing related business portfolios, successful proposals, partnerships and teaming relationships, and being a professional network builder.
- Demonstrated experience in bridging gaps between technical and non-technical audiences to build trust and motivate behavior changes, and deliver innovative solutions.
- Ability to work in and create a positive team environment, fostering mutual trust and respect among rest of staff, partners, and clients.
- Be adept in understanding which range of communication solutions match client needs, styles, budget, and timelines.
- Be comfortable working in virtual settings, using a variety of tools that include Google Suite, Adobe Suite, Zoom, and Slack.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Commitment to providing responsive, high-quality service to our clients in support of environmental goals.
Apply through the portal here or email your materials to hello@greenfinstudio with the subject line Development Director by November 15, 2023. This position will remain open until filled. Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter that includes an explanation of why you believe you are a good fit for our company. Green Fin Studio is committed to positive environmental and social impact through our business practices, partnerships, outreach, and training, and hiring protocols. We actively recruit, train, and mentor diverse students and professionals interested in a career within environmental communications. We are committed to fostering and maintaining a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture within our office, as well as with our clients and partnerships.