Baltimore Tree Trust (BTT), the leading urban forestry nonprofit organization in Baltimore City, seeks a full-time Development Manager to join its growing, Remington-based team. Established in 2008, BTT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to enhance and protect Baltimore City’s urban tree canopy through strategic planting initiatives, broad-based engagement, and local workforce training. By engaging in diverse partnerships, leading community greening efforts, and creating public service job opportunities, BTT is committed to a vision of equitable access to the benefits of urban nature for all of the city’s residents. Baltimore Tree Trust is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit baltimoretreetrust.org.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Manager will manage Individual Giving and Special Events efforts, as well as assist with the day-to-day development activities and grant reporting.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
Individual Giving (35%)
- Manage and track donation processes, including prospect research, cultivation, and stewardship
- Maintain stewardship and cultivation plan throughout the year, including communication and initiations to donors
- Draft appeal letters, acknowledgment letters, and giving campaign messaging
- Ensure proper engagement to build and sustain strong donor relationships using contact tracking tools in DonorPerfect.
- Work alongside the executive team and board members to cultivate major gifts
Special Events Management (35%)
- Leads a new series of donor events for individual and corporate supporters, including planning and execution of stewardship events and activities, managing donor mailing lists, invitations, RSVPs.
- Provide on-site, logistical support for all donor events throughout Baltimore City.
- Curate a series of donor events focusing on environmental education, particularly urban forestry and the impact of BTT’s work in Baltimore City.
- Draft correspondence including but not limited to: event follow-up letters; solicitation letters; holiday-related messages and gifts, etc.
Day to Day Development Activities (25%)
- Provide monthly reports to the Development Director and Executive Director on the progress of gifts, pledges, and outstanding balances from all funders
- Prepare personalized acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion including mailing digital and print letters as well as updating templates frequently with current messaging
Grant and Data Reporting (15%)
- Works collaboratively with the Development Director and Grant Writer to compile grant reports as necessary, including gathering project metrics and project expenses
- Strategize on data collection and reporting including success metrics for the Neighborhood Foresters Initiative
What We’re Looking For:
- Passionate about BTT’s mission to expand the tree canopy in Baltimore City
- 1-3 years of experience in nonprofit management or fundraising
- Strong organizational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail; ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate timely and effectively, capacity to collaborate and work well with diverse internal and external teams.
- Ability to demonstrate sound independent judgment, and maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive, confidential, and proprietary information.
- Competence with Microsoft Office and Google Drive, well-versed with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software, such as DonorPerfect
Timeline and Compensation
The Development Manager is a salaried position, starting at $55,000. In addition to health and dental benefits, Baltimore Tree Trust is proud to offer additional benefits for our employees including, but not limited to, generous vacation time and a hybrid work schedule.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are due by February 10.