COMPANY OVERVIEW: Council Fire is a global change agency enabling purpose-driven organizations to thrive by maximizing economic, social, and environmental value. We’re business-minded sustainability and communications experts who help clients tackle complex opportunities through visioning and research, strategy, meaningful stakeholder engagement, and creative communications that inspire action. As a social enterprise and award-winning B Corporation, we’re one of the world’s most impactful companies in our sector and are leveraging business as a force for good while helping to build an economy that works for all. We assist clients across the world in successfully operationalizing sustainability and our expertise spans a wide array of sectors with particularized knowledge and demonstrated success in natural resource and oceans management, transportation systems, renewable energy, water management, economic development, and sustainable business.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This opportunity is for a Digital Media Specialist to join our highly-collaborative team of sustainability, storytelling, and creative services experts. The successful candidate will initially join Council Fire as a part-time employee, with an expectation of progressing to full-time upon successful integration over a 60-90 day probationary period. Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits including unlimited PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, a retirement plan with company match, remote work opportunities, and a suite of other great benefits.
The successful candidate will be resourceful, passionate, and highly motivated by Council Fire’s purpose and leadership role in the social enterprise space, a strong collaborator who is also highly capable of working independently, eager to engage with team members and learn as necessary while also thriving in a remote work context, and always driven to go the extra mile to enable company and client success.
Working with oversight from our Communications Manager and President, and in collaboration with other Creative Team members, this position will bring vital stories to life by providing various digital media and related services in support of both Council Fire and our clients’ projects including:
- Working closely with senior management to develop strategies, protocols, and guidelines for integrated, consistent, and highly effective digital marketing campaigns
- Planning, management, and execution of digital marketing campaigns through various platforms (web, social media, blogs, e-newsletters, others) in support of Council Fire’s brand development/awareness/thought leadership as well as diverse client projects
- Assisting our Marketing, Creative, and Client Services teams to select and implement the appropriate media for Council Fire and client projects across different media platforms
- Providing web design (e.g., WordPress, Squarespace) services
- Engaging in web content development and management
- Designing email newsletter templates (e.g., Squarespace, MailChimp) and executing campaigns
- Remaining up-to-date with digital media trends/design technology to ensure Council Fire high standard content and visuals on platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook)
- Creating content and scheduling placement on social media platforms
- Managing and reporting on website analytics, including SEO metrics
- Monitoring impact and return on investment of digital marketing campaigns
- Developing and maintaining digital media infrastructure tools (e.g., online media library)
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will be tech-savvy, driven by our social enterprise purpose, and have:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant digital marketing experience creating engaging media material for various platforms such as the web, social media, blogs, and email in support of both our company brand management and client projects
- Experience in analytics including dashboard and report creation to optimize the impact of our digital efforts
- Experience with web utilization and analytic tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Campaign Manager
- Experience with design/editing programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, and Venngage
- Demonstrable knowledge of web design and content management systems
- Strong familiarity and management experience with all key social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Exposure to and knowledge of the latest digital media trends
- Experience with marketing KPIs and ROI analyses as well as basic budgeting skills to manage paid digital media campaigns
While not required, highly valuable additional attributes include familiarity and experience with:
- Sustainability, ESG, environmental, social and economic impact subject matter content;
- Google Workspace, Slack, and Asana project management platforms
COMPENSATION: While the salary for this position will ultimately depend upon the successful candidate’s level of professional experience and attributes, it is anticipated that starting compensation will be in the range of $20-24 per hour (full-time equivalent of $40,000-50,000 per year).
APPLYING: We’re focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make our community great. We encourage Black, Indigenous, and non-Black People of Color to apply, and welcome all applicants regardless of social identities such as race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, and socioeconomic background.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, CV/resume, and relevant work product example(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the subject line “Digital Media Specialist”. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2022.