- Provide leadership for the implementation of citywide development projects;
- Operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with unique opportunities in the field and the office;
- Demonstrate knowledge of City codes, ordinances, and processes;
- Develop new programs to streamline services;
- Knowledge base including budget preparation, financial reconciliations, and fund
- Safe and efficient delivery of services;
- Represent the City and T&ES with the community, senior management, and elected
- Establish harmonious work teams comprised of various functions.
About the Department
T&ES is a community partner in shaping a livable, green, and prospering Alexandria. We plan, build, operate, and maintain transportation systems and infrastructure that improve mobility and provide people and businesses with core public services. The work we do keeps Alexandrians moving, growing sustainability, and thriving. If you are curious about a broader view of our City, click City of Alexandria to learn more.
Minimum & Additional Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Eight years of progressively responsible engineering experience including civil engineering project management, infrastructure design and construction in the public sector, including three years of supervisory experience, and licensure as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
To be considered as an ideal candidate, one should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil
Engineering, plus five years of Civil Engineering experience preferably in the areas of project
design or plan review of land development and/or public transportation projects; three years
of managerial experience
This position requires the successful completion of pre-employment background check