Location: Sassafras Environmental Education Center (SEEC) at Turner’s Creek – Kennedyville, MD
The Education Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to support the Program Director with the daily operation and expansion of SEEC’s educational offerings. This responsibility encompasses, but is not limited to, the following:
● Development and revision of lesson plans and programs that help to accomplish SEEC’s mission to give participants a substantive frame of reference as to how human beings can live compatibly with nature’s design. Primarily k-12 outdoor environmental education programming.
● Leading interdisciplinary outdoor lessons and activities for school groups, camps,
community groups and public.
● Regular communication with teachers and school administrators.
● Care and maintenance for gear, equipment and tools used for programs.
● Searching and applying for funding opportunities for programs and projects aligned with SEEC’s goals.
● Fundraising support.
● Communication with Maryland Department of Natural Resources Park Service.
● Communication with Kent County Public Works and Kent County Parks and Recreation.
● Risk assessment and monitoring.
○ Ensuring universal awareness of SEEC’s risk policies among staff, volunteers and program participants through both verbal and written communication.
○ Distribution and collection of paperwork (i.e. Participant Waivers, Volunteer
Waivers, Background Checks).
○ Documentation of first aid and canoe trainings.
● Document and submit SEEC expenditures (i.e. expense reports to ESCL, KCPS)
● Outdoor labor such as trail maintenance, gardening and tree monitoring as projects require.
● Volunteer coordination.
○ Recruit and provide training and guidance to volunteers and interns.
○ Organize and schedule volunteer coverage for programs.
○ Track and report volunteer hours to ESLC’s volunteer coordinator.
● Documentation of participant numbers.
● Program evaluation.
● Developing and following the annual work plan aligned with SEEC & ESLC goals and 5-year strategic plan.
Please email your resume, cover letter, contact information for three references, and salary requirement if applicable to email@example.com.