(Easton, MD) Eastern Shore Land Conservancy-Conservation Assistant
November 18, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: Assist with delivery of land protection, stewardship and community projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conservation Support (75%)
• Provide overall support: for delivery of conservation workplan deliverables
• Coordinate project portfolio: provide overall coordination, tracking, funding program allocations, and task support for conservation projects.
• Building pipeline: research and identify candidate properties for easement and acquisition programs based on conservation targets.
• Delmarva Oasis: provide initiative support such as scheduling, coordination, managing data, maps, property targeting, funding research, and administrative functions.
• Assist with due diligence: such as appraisal, survey, and title in support of conservation projects. Other needs include deed research, research letters, and mortgage/deed of trust subordinations.
• Property inquiries: gather information from prospective and current landowners.
• GIS data management: create and manage GIS data for properties, gather and maintain GIS data from outside agencies, create & maintain map documents for all ESLC departments
• Database management: Land data in remote monitoring, Salesforce LOCATE, electronic documents in F-drive, maintain project tracking spreadsheets
• Assist in baseline documentation: take baseline photos, baseline reporting
• Record keeping and reporting: maintain original files and submit easement program reporting.
• Assist with Project Closing Duties: land folio processing and filing, GIS, Field file creation, move files from Land to Stewardship on F-drive
• Research: as needed to support Conservation programs
• Other duties as assigned.
Land Stewardship Assistance (25%):
• Monitoring conserved properties: conduct on-the-ground & drive-by monitoring (take photos & fill out photo location maps), process monitoring reports in office
• Easement compliance: gathering outstanding Forest Stewardship Plans and Conservation Plans
• Monitoring administration/Volunteer Land Steward program assistance: scheduling; field file preparation, general monitoring tracking, processing reports in-office, assist with volunteer/intern training
• Assist with Preserve Management on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management, environmental studies, or a related field with at least one year of related or transferable experience.
• Real estate transaction experience a plus.
• Experience working with landowners or the public.
• Professional interests that align strongly with ESLC’s vision and values.
• Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills; Exceptional written communication skills.
• Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong GIS and technological skills are required.