Natural Resources Design is an ecologically-focused landscape design firm offering design and build services to residential, commercial, and public clients. Our goal is to restore the environment, one project at a time. We’re a diverse company dedicated to empowering our people to work to their fullest potential as part of our team.
What we’re looking for:
Someone who shares our values:
Social Justice – our work has a positive impact on the environment, on the neighborhoods where we work, and on our employees
Diversity – we promote diversity; we are a multicultural firm inclusive of LGBTQIA; and we don’t tolerate discrimination
Dedication – we care about the difference our work makes in the world and are committed to being part of the solution
Developing Full Potential – through working here, every employee will have the opportunity and encouragement to reach their full potential
Dependability – we can count on each other to pitch in and help out to get the work done
Someone with appropriate skills and experience:
This position requires an experienced office assistant with skills in accounting and job tracking systems (QuickBooks, BuilderTrend) and a strong interest in growing with a rapidly expanding company.
Skills and Abilities:
– Maintaining job status and information in construction, landscaping, or similar industry
– Organization (scanning, filing, updating information; accurate data entry; report preparation)
– Data entry and basic bookkeeping
– Good business communications skills
– Research and analysis
– Self-directed problem-solver, able to figure out how to accomplish tasks; unafraid to ask for guidance when needed
– Self-motivated, organized, responsible, efficient, loyal
– Good time management, punctual
– Thoroughness, accuracy, attention to detail
– Adaptable to the needs of the company; comfortable with quickly shifting priorities in a fast- paced environment
– Collaborative and willing to pitch in to help team members
– Resilient under stress
– Minimum three (3) years experience as administrative assistant in the industry (landscaping or construction)
– Two years experience using BuilderTrend (ideal) or another job-tracking software commonly used in the construction or landscaping industry
– Two years experience preparing customer invoices
– One year experience updating business licenses and insurance
– Six months experience in pulling reports from QuickBooks
– Preferred: o Employee onboarding experience o Bilingual English/Spanish
This position is hourly, non-exempt, part-time (approximately 15-25 hours/week). Hours may vary week to week. As the firm grows, it’s very likely the hours may increase to fulltime.
Pay range: $22-25 DOE
Work will be performed from home until at least June 2021, due to COVID restrictions. Once COVID restrictions are lifted, the work location will be flexible, with a required minimum number of days/hours in the office per week. No travel is required. Office is located in the Brookland area of DC, near Catholic University.
The position reports to the Operations Manager.
Work schedule is flexible; regular business hours are 7:30 am – 6 pm. Must be willing to work outside regular hours as needed to support urgent company needs.
To apply: please complete the application at https://forms.gle/5ByyUTXUZsPR6Qf97. We will respond within 7 business days.
Please address questions to: nrd-assistant at dunathanconsulting dot com
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour