We are seeking a dedicated Landscaping Laborer to work on commercial landscaping and wetland/stream restoration projects throughout the mid-Atlantic region. As a Landscaping Laborer with ER&M, you will perform a variety of tasks, from laying sod to planting trees to fertilizing plants.
Additional tasks of the Landscaping Laborer include:
- Operating vehicles and power equipment such as skid steers, tillers, sod cutters and small power equipment
- Ensuring that equipment and vehicles are in top working condition
- Hauling and spreading topsoil
- Employing sustainable and green techniques for landscape restoration
- Additional duties as assigned
- Maintaining a safe work environment on all projects
As a Landscaping Laborer with ER&M, you must have landscaping experience, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Work generally starts at 6:30am and ends around 5:00pm, however you must also be available to work overtime as needed. Additional requirements are that one is capable of working for extended period of time out of town. (Typically winter work requires out of town work periods ranging from 3-5 days at a time.)
All employees are advised that this position is for outdoor work only and all candidates must be able to work in the following conditions:
- Extreme Cold / Heat
- Slippery / Uneven Surfaces
- Changing weather conditions
- Wet ground conditions
All employees must be able to meet the following physical demands to work in the position of Landscape Laborer:
- Crouching, Driving or Riding in Work Truck Sitting, Pulling/Pushing, Stooping (5-25% of daily hours)
- Carrying/Lifting 60 lbs., Finger/Hand Manipulation, Handling Materials, Talking, Reaching (25-75% of daily hours)
- Standing, Walking (75-100% of daily hours)
- Hearing and Vision (100% of daily hours)
This position is physically demanding and requires applicant to be in excellent physical condition at all times.
At ER&M, we understand that our employees work hard, so we offer a generous benefits package, excellent career advancement opportunities with bonuses twice per year if profitable.
Additional benefits offered for the Landscaping Laborer include:
- Health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays to be effective after probationary period of 90 days.
Job Type: Full-time