Ecosystem Services is seeking a full-time Water Resources Engineer for our Charlottesville, VA office. This position has an anticipated start date of June 1, 2019.
Position Benefits & Perks:
· Highly competitive salary based on requisite qualifications and experience
· 100% ES paid, day-one health and dental insurance
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with ES match up to the first 5%
· 3 weeks PTO & 8 paid holidays per year
· 100% paid professional licensure, conference, and training opportunities
· ES paid mobile phone and plan for personal and business use
· ES paid work station and field equipment
· Profit-sharing bonus program
· Collegial and healthy work environment
· Flexible work hours
· Regular career coaching & mentoring
· Leadership opportunities
· Transparent & inclusive business decision making
· Mission & Value driven company
Ecosystem Services is a natural resource consulting firm with an interdisciplinary staff that includes ecologists, environmental scientists, and engineers. Our work is primarily in the mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions and we specialize in ecological restoration, environmental banking, stormwater management, and regulatory permitting.
Our goal is to support each employee with the resources needed to excel in his or her role for the benefit of the individual, the company, and the environment. Our company is structured so that each employee manages their own schedule and responsibilities and coordinates with their colleagues within project Teams. This gives every employee the autonomy and authority to succeed without arbitrary or hierarchical constraints.
· B.S. or M.S. Degree in Engineering discipline
· Virginia PE License or ability to receive within 4 months required
· 5-10 years of directly related experience required
· Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D
· Proficiency with ArcGIS
· Proficiency with industry hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
· Natural Channel Design training and experience
· Strong interest in ecological restoration
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
· Must have excellent time management skills
· Must have work examples of technical writing & design
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Must have valid driver’s license
· Perform ecological restoration design
· Perform geomorphological assessments
· Conduct project management & construction Administration
· Perform Civil 3D design
· Construction plan production
· Perform ArcGIS map production
· Perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations
· Perform stormwater management design
· Conduct field assessments and surveys
· Familiarity with total station, GPS, and laser level field procedures
· Technical task management
· Transfer knowledge through standards development and training staff
· Work in challenging environments and inclement weather
· Willingness to travel
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé via e-mail to our Business Administrator, Jackson Simmons at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. Applications for this position are due April 15, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Ecosystem Services, LLC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.