Ecosystems Services – Ecological Restoration Designer
August 20, 2018
Ecosystem Services is seeking an Ecological Restoration Designer for our Charlottesville, VA office with a passion for learning and the environment, relevant experience, and a willingness to be an active participant in the growth of our company. This position has an anticipated start date of September 17, 2018. Compensation will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant along with a competitive benefits package. Ecosystem Services offers a collaborative and engaging work environment, technical and professional mentorship, and an opportunity for advancement in a growing company. Applicants must have the ability and willingness to work in fast-paced and challenging environments, to occasionally work in inclement weather, and to travel.
Ecosystem Services is a natural resource consulting firm with an interdisciplinary staff that includes biologists, environmental scientists, and engineers. Our work is primarily in the mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions and we specialize in ecological restoration, environmental banking, stormwater management, and regulatory permitting. Our goal is to provide each employee with the resources needed to excel in his or her role for the benefit of the individual, the company, and the environment.
- S. or M.S. Degree in Engineering or related environmental field
- 4-10 years of related experience required
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D
- Proficiency with ArcGIS preferred
- Proficiency with industry hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Natural Channel Design training
- Strong interest in ecological restoration
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have work examples of technical writing & design
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Perform ecological restoration design
- Perform geomorphological assessments
- Conduct project management & construction Administration
- Perform Civil 3D drafting
- Construction plan production
- Perform ArcGIS map production
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations
- Perform stormwater management design
- Conduct field assessments and surveys
- Familiarity with total station, GPS, and laser level field procedures
- Technical task management
- Transfer knowledge through standards development and working with current staff
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé via e-mail to our Business Administrator, Jackson Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a phone or in-person interview. Applications for this Job posting are due Monday August 20th, 2018.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Ecosystem Services, LLC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.