The Development and Communications Associate serves as the organization’s point person for fundraising. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director and works with the Communication Coordinator as well as the Development Committee to generate and execute a variety of fundraising strategies intended to grow Arundel Rivers Federation’s capacity to fulfill its mission. This role involves organizing large- and small-scale fundraising initiatives and events, managing our donor management system, and grant-writing. A portion of this position will be in support of the Federation’s printed, digital and social media needs.
- Identifying, evaluating, and managing fundraising campaigns and activities;
- Working closely with the Executive Director, Development Committee, and volunteers to implement fundraising activities;
- Identifying and stewarding prospective donors;
- Assisting the Executive Director with identifying and writing grants;
- Preparing development/fundraising reports at the request of the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Creating printed and digital solicitation and outreach materials;
- Communicating with donors and the community via email, phone or social media;
- Other administrative tasks as necessary;
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Knowledge of the non-profit community and fundraising;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience with Salesforce software is a plus
- Experience in social media platforms is strongly preferred;
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Time management and flexibility with job duties;
- Creative, self-starter attitude;
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to a small team
- relevant: 2 years (preferred)
- Salary: $40,000-$50,000
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Simple IRA
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Dog Friendly Office
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development and Communication Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until September 25, 2019.
Arundel Rivers Federation is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.