Job Announcement: Education & Outreach Program Coordinator
Position Open Until January 12, 2023 – 5PM
The Virginia Association of Soil & Water Conservation District (VASWCD) is currently accepting applications for its full-time Education and Outreach Coordinator position. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordinating the logistics, funding and marketing efforts for the Youth Conservation Camp, Youth Conversation Leadership Institute, Envirothon, poster contests, scout patch programs, student scholarship programs, State Fair exhibits and outreach, annual golf tournament, annual conference, and other training/educational activities as assigned;
- Promoting the conservation of natural resources statewide through meaningful interactive stewardship and educational programming initiatives for youth K-12;
- Providing guidance and oversight to the VASWCD Education and Marketing Committee;
- Providing leadership and assistance to District staff in the creation, development, implementation, and evaluation of community-based programs to effectively support identified conservation and educational priorities; and
- Assisting with generating additional sources of funding to support the Association’s mission.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with district staff and board members, VASWCD stakeholders, various partners, funding source contacts, and youth K-12. A successful candidate must also have sound organizational skills with attention to detail; demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize effectively; ability to work cohesively and productively in a collaborative team-based office environment and to work independently under general supervision. This position requires the physical ability to perform assigned tasks involving loading, lifting, and carrying moderate weight (25lbs).
The successful applicant should have a four-year degree in a relevant field such as environmental science or education. Prior relevant experience with project management, marketing or outreach, managing budgets, research, writing, public speaking, developing presentations or educational materials, working with youth and adults, and working independently and as part of a team preferred or demonstrate an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the necessary knowledge and skills. The successful candidate must have a valid Virginia’s driver license and safe driving record. This position does require regular independent travel with occasional travel statewide and overnight.
This position is based out of the VASWCD office in Mechanicsville, VA. Salary range is $40,000-$50,000 and may be negotiable based on relevant combination of education and experience. Benefits include but are not limited to – full healthcare coverage costs, a 10% contribution to a SEP retirement account, paid time off, board approved tuition assistance, paid travel and reimbursed travel mileage. Hybrid work options possible for the right candidate.
To apply for this opportunity, applicants must submit a: 1) cover letter indicating relevant education and experience, 2) resume, as well as a completed 3) VASWCD application (VASWCD Application). A resume in lieu of a completed application will not be accepted. Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. The deadline for submission of applications is January 12 at 5:00pm.
A full job description is available for review. Questions should be directed to the VASWCD Executive Director, Dr. Kendall Tyree. The VASWCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.