Education Coordinator – Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (Baltimore, MD)
Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education
October 22, 2021
Founded in 1985, The Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE) is a non-profit whose mission encourages, engages and empowers the community to understand, responsibly use, and promote the natural world. MAEOE is committed to being a champion for promoting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
MAEOE is currently seeking an energetic and creative individual to join our dynamic team as Education Coordinator. The Education Coordinator will play a key role in developing and delivering professional learning for the environmental education community. This individual will develop and deliver programs for formal and non-formal educators, including training for MAEOE’s flagship program, Maryland Green Schools program, Project Learning Tree, and other grant-related training. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for creating and producing resources to support training and marketing of training, including social media. The Education Coordinator will provide evaluation for the program and the participant. The Education Coordinator will work with the Program Director to ensure that programs are aligned with the Maryland Green Schools program and with environmental education strategies throughout the state including Environmental Literacy Standards, NGSS, Common Core, College, and Career Readiness, STEM, and Outdoor Education. Candidates should have 4+ years of experience in developing and delivering professional learning to adults, environmental/outdoor education, and program development. Experience delivering professional learning is essential. We seek someone who communicates effectively and is detail-oriented. Experience with database or event management software (we currently use CVENT) is desired. The Education Coordinator will report to the MAEOE Program Director as a key member of a small and growing team and will report to the leadership of MAEOE Committees and the Advisory Council.
- Design professional learning programs including logistics, evaluation, and reporting.
- Deliver professional learning as defined by the MAEOE workplan.
- Develop concepts for professional grant identification and proposals.
- Build key partnerships with new and established stakeholders to support training.
- Participate in organizational growth and program development.
- Create and deliver presentations to promote programs.
- Provide professional learning at state, regional, and national conferences.
- Use a database and contribute to website content.
- Develop marketing materials.
- Contribute to project and MAEOE monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Meet the goals outlined in MAEOE’s strategic plan.
- Work towards the strategic success of the MAEOE mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience in developing and delivering professional learning to adults, environmental/outdoor education, and program development.
- Understanding of Environmental Literacy standards, NGSS, Common Core, College and Career Readiness, STEM and Outdoor Education.
- Experience facilitating virtual and in-person workshops.
- Experience evaluating workshops and using the analysis to reach MAEOE goals.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing programs with positive outcomes for participants.
- An innovative thinker with strong initiative and demonstrated flexibility, able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain effective collaborations and partnerships.
- Microsoft Office experience required or willingness to learn.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current insurance. Must have own vehicle for work related travel.
- Excellent communication skills—oral, written, and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and life experience required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional and life experience desired.
- Experience with green schools, conferences and/or events is encouraged but not required.
MAEOE values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
MAEOE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, veteran status, and status as an individual with a disability. MAEOE believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
MAEOE and grant funded project alignment:
MAEOE will work to align outputs from the MAEOE Maryland Green Schools and Green Centers programs, including communications, use of the network, shared resources.