Education Operations Temp – Chesapeake Bay Foundation (Annapolis, MD)
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation
October 29, 2021
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation seeks an Education Operations Temp in the Education Department to be based at the Philip Merrill Environmental Center in Annapolis, MD.
THE CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION
Established in 1967, the Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the largest regional nonprofit conservation organization dedicated to saving the Chesapeake Bay, its rivers and streams, and the wildlife that call it home through education, advocacy, litigation, and restoration. Since 2010, CBF has engaged in a focused effort to defend and implement the Chesapeake Clean Water Blueprint, a binding federal and state collaborative agreement aimed at reducing pollution to the science-based, legally-affirmed levels established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Blueprint is expected to be fully implemented by 2025. If the states and the federal government achieve Blueprint goals, the Bay will finally—after decades of failed efforts—be removed from the Clean Water Act’s impaired waters list. Successfully implementing the Blueprint depends on a well-informed, engaged, active, and diverse constituency of members, advocates, and volunteers who speak up and take action to save the Bay.
CBF has a staff of approximately 210 employees working in offices in Annapolis, Maryland; Richmond and Virginia Beach, Virginia; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C. as well as 15 field education program locations. Our staff and volunteer corps work throughout the region educating students and adults, advocating for clean water policies, restoring waterways, and litigating when necessary.
CBF’s headquarters office in Annapolis, Maryland is the Philip Merrill Environmental Center, the world’s first U.S. Green Build Council’s LEED platinum building. In 2014, CBF opened the Brock Environmental Center—one of the world’s most energy efficient, environmentally smart buildings—in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
CBF has an annual budget of approximately $30 million and is supported by over 300,000 members and e-subscribers. For more information on CBF, please visit cbf.org.
CBF’s Environmental Education program introduces students, teachers, and other citizens to the wonders of the watershed and works to heighten sensitivity, increase knowledge, and empower people to take positive action toward the Bay’s restoration.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
The Education Operations Temp position will provide administrative and project support for the Education Operations and Professional Learning Teams from October through April. This position will be based at The Philip Merrill Environmental Center, in Annapolis, MD.
Essential functions include:
- Work as part of the Operations Scheduling team:
- Enter information into the database regarding field trip program, date, location, and teacher/school information
- Compile and transmit scheduling confirmations and pre-trip materials to teachers/group leaders
- Assist the Teacher Professional Learning Team:
- Assists with Chesapeake Classrooms Registration
- Perform other administrative duties as needed for the Professional Learning Team
- Administrative duties:
- Respond to inquiries about education programs, field and prioritize incoming calls, and process education mail
- Data Entry:
- Assists with data entry projects
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, database management tools, graphics, and presentation
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects, often concurrently, with associated deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Customer service experience that demonstrates excellent communication skills over the telephone, written communications, or in-person
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Ability to receive and give supportive feedback to foster equity and inclusion in working relationships.
- Ability to recognize, nurture, and learn from strengths in co-workers.
- Having flexibility to accomplish job responsibilities in several work environments, whether it be from home, on the road, or in an office.
Salary Range: $18 – $20
To apply, please send resume and cover letter through job posting on CBF website no later than October 29, 2021.
CBF requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The successful candidate will need to submit verification of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE
Just as biodiversity is the key to a thriving ecosystem, human diversity is the key to saving the Bay. Success depends on people from widely diverse backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, identities, and races taking collective action. Clean water, clean air, and a safe environment are rights we all share.
To increase diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice, the Chesapeake Bay Foundation will:
- Recruit and retain a staff, board, and membership that reflect the diversity of people living within the Chesapeake Bay region;
- Strengthen and broaden the diversity of our partnerships;
- Celebrate and value the diversity of staff; and
- Fight to ensure that everyone has equal access to clean water, clean air, and a safe environment.
CBF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.