LandStudies provides a range of services related to the interaction of land and streams. Over the past 30 years, we have designed and implemented hundreds of successful projects, pioneering innovative solutions to water resources issues. We believe that by properly restoring, then managing our natural resources, we improve their function and give our communities vibrant, natural spaces with both recreational and economic opportunities.
LandStudies is comprised of a small and talented group of individuals that are passionate about making big impacts in our community, and we are seeking an engineer or someone with equivalent experience to join our team! This role will provide engineering support to project managers for various types of projects both in the field and at our office located in Lititz, PA.
- Provide Engineering support to Project Managers for stream assessments, floodplain restoration design and permitting, stormwater management design, and related projects.
- Conduct field surveys, reduce survey data, and produce base plans in AutoCAD or MicroStation format.
- Under the supervision of the project manager, produce concept, permit and construction drawings using AutoCAD or MicroStation software.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Civil or Biological Engineering or equivalent.
- Successfully completed, or actively working towards EIT certification.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and the most recent release of Autodesk Civil 3D and/or MicroStation CAD software.
- Working knowledge of HEC-RAS, standard hydrology models, and have the ability to quickly learn and apply new software applications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write technical reports under supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 40-50 hours per week
- Hours typically between 7am–5pm
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience and training
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
- 401K with company match
- Dog-friendly office
- COVID hybrid office-based/remote work options
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.