An entry-level engineering position in the Stream Restoration section.
- Assisting project restoration engineer in the design and construction of capital stormwater /water quality/ecological improvement projects, such as natural stream channel and floodplain projects.
- Performing field inspections, construction oversight, as-built inspections and monitoring of stream restoration projects.
- Investigating erosion complaints and requests for assistance from the public regarding natural waterway systems.
- Assessing riparian systems for restoration potential.
- Reviewing and critiquing BMP and restoration design plans, special provisions, hydrologic and hydraulic models, and design details.
- Checking for inconsistencies between documents.
- Directing and coordinating consultants and contractors on behalf of the department.
- Interfacing with members of the public and permitting agencies