April 30, 2016
Ecosystem Services, based in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, is seeking a motivated and ambitious Engineering Technician to join our team. Engineering Technicians engage in a variety of water resources engineering and related tasks throughout the mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions. The primary focus of the position will be developing ecological restoration and stormwater management construction plans, assisting with hydrologic and hydraulic engineering calculations, creating map exhibits, and conducting various field and survey tasks, as necessary. Work will include stream and wetland restoration design, stormwater management design, pollutant reduction calculations/modeling, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, ecological assessments, preparation of design plan documents and specifications, preparation of technical reports, and environmental permitting.
This position has an anticipated start date of June 1, 2016. Compensation will be based on the experience and qualifications of the applicant along with a competitive benefits package. Ecosystem Services offers an engaging and dynamic work environment, technical and professional mentorship, and an opportunity for advancement in a growing company. Applicants must have the ability and willingness to work in fast-paced and challenging environments, inclement weather, and to travel. The successful candidate must have the capability to excel in both the office and field.
- B.S. or Technical Degree in Engineering or Environmental related discipline with 1 to 5 years of experience
- Must have proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D
- Familiarity with ArcGIS
- Knowledge of hydrologic & hydraulic principles
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must have work examples of design work and technical writing
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Perform Civil 3D drafting/design
- Perform ArcGIS map production
- Prepare technical reports and editing
- Prepare RFP/RFQ responses and grant funding applications
- Assist with water resources engineering calculations
- Assist with ecological restoration design
- Technical task management
- Perform marketing and business development, when requested
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/alliaoe5/public_html/chesapeakenetwork/wp-content/themes/chesapeakenetwork/single-cn_job.php on line 63