Clean Water Action is a company in Baltimore, MD 21201. We are looking for fun, social entry level advocates to help us Save the world through education, organizing & fundraising! Email CV/Resume to: Baltimore@cleanwater.org!
Our work environment includes:
Casual work attire
Flexible working days.
Clean Water Action is a non-profit environmental organization founded during the passage of the landmark Clean Water Act in 1972. Our mission is to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and community quality of life. Clean Water Action organizes strong grassroots groups and coalitions, and campaigns to elect environmental candidates to solve environmental and community problems.
Currently we are working on the state level in MD to fund alternatives to trash incinerators. Pollution from incinerators increases the risk of pre-term births and lung and blood cancers. Maryland’s incinerators emit higher levels of mercury, lead, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide than our coal plants. Clean Water Action is currently working on bills to ban these incinerators and landfills to protect our environment and public health.
There is no time to waste. Join our team today!
Responsibilities of an Environmental Advocate:
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns.
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Communicate with and educate people about important issues that matter to them.
- Must be in commutable distance or relationships to the Baltimore, Maryland Area.
- Shifts are from 1:30pm-9pm. Monday through Friday.
- Must be available 3 shifts/week minimum. You pick the 3 days M-F.
- Must be committed to the cause of diversity, equity, justice and inclusion.
- Desire for non-profit career development is a plus!
- Experience with canvassing, political organizing and successful negotiations are a big plus!
- Bilingual, POC, LGBTIQ and other underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting rate of $17/hr. bonus.
- Gain valuable experience in the non-profit sector.
- Relaxed, fun and casual workplace culture.
- Get to know your local neighborhoods.
- Paid Training.
Email CV/Resume to: Baltimore@cleanwater.org!
*As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.