Description: The NVRC is currently recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Environmental Coastal Resources Program Manager. This position reports to the Director, Division of Environmental and Resiliency Planning. It assesses needs of Northern Virginia jurisdictions with respect to Coastal and/or Chesapeake Bay resource issues and develops or continues applicable projects, e.g., Northern Virginia Clean Water Partners, “Only Rain Down the Drain”; Northern Virginia Climate Resiliency Project; Northern Virginia Native Plant Marketing Program; Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail Corridor Analysis. It provides technical assistance on regional issues associated with the protection of water resources. It serves as representative of NVRC on the Virginia Coastal Policy Team with all State agencies with capability to enforce laws, as well as other regional and statewide programs such as the Potomac Watershed Roundtable and the Northern Virginia Urban Forest Roundtable. This position may also manage grants and projects that are often high profile with significant scope and dollar amount.
The successful candidate will be able to develop project ideas and proposals to improve the long-term capacity for community resilience planning and support local, regional, and state efforts to develop and implement new projects and policies.
Minimum Qualifications: Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in natural resource planning, environmental science, or a related field; PLUS at least three years’ experience in environmental science, environmental planning, environmental public policy, with experience preparing funding and grant proposals, budgeting, and procurement. A Master’s degree in environmental engineering/science or planning-related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Master’s degree and two years’ experience in environmental engineering/science or related field.
- Experience with document layout, design, and preparation.
- Extensive experience with preparing funding and grant proposals.
- Social media and communications experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct technical investigations and studies.
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays with pay
- Health insurance (employer pays 80% of premium)
- Fully paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance policies
- Retirement program
- Workers compensation coverage
- Opportunity to enroll in medical & dependent care reimbursement plans and dental insurance plan
- Opportunity to participate in deferred compensation plan
- Free parking; free electric vehicle charging; on bus route
Applicants may be required to submit a request for a criminal history record check and/or credit check.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements via mail or e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER