Environmental Communication Digital Specialist – Green Fin Studio (Richmond, VA)
Green Fin Studio
August 4, 2021
Position Announcement : Environmental Communication Digital Specialist
Green Fin Studio is where art meets science. We are a professional marketing and communications firm, addressing social and environmental priorities. We leverage our in-house technical and scientific expertise with innovative communication strategies and products. Our team provides curated content, print media, planning documents and strategies, custom tools and visualizations, project management, stakeholder engagement, and more to a varied client base.
We are pleased to announce that we are hiring a full-time Environmental Communication Digital Specialist (ECDS) to join our team. The position will be located in Richmond, Virginia. The ECDS works with our Executive Director, Creative Director, and other staff members to develop and execute overall communications strategies to meet/exceed client objectives. In addition to serving our clients, the ECDS develops and implements strategies for expanding and updating Green Fin Studio digital marketing materials on our website, social media, and print materials to increase regional and national awareness of Green Fin Studio and help grow our client base through effective digital campaigns as well as track and evaluate performance metrics.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated creativity and enthusiasm for communicating science and/or environmental topics across a variety of media. The ECDS is expected to translate scientific and technical information into broadly accessible language, concepts for graphics, and educational modules; identify opportunities for communications and messaging, and partnerships with other organizations; be proactive in identifying and employing communication and engagement tools and platforms; and should have a firm grasp of the different digital touch points, drive highly effective digital campaigns, enhance user experience, and deliver on digital objectives. The ECDS works closely with the rest of our team to ensure cross project coordination, information sharing, and maintain efficient delivery of high-quality products.
The ECDS occasionally represents Green Fin Studio at professional meetings and venues where they will be expected to establish rapport and work in close collaboration with continuously changing stakeholders and associates, including, but not limited to, relevant professional societies, scientific organizations, industry representatives, and public and private institutions of higher education.
The ECDS designs, develops, and serves as the primary author and/or reviewer of a wide variety of written and online communications, including but not limited to communication strategies, training and other educational modules, website content, blogs, newsletter articles, social media strategies and posts, presentations, press releases and media alerts, brochures and other print media, and progress reports. The ECDS provides administrative and project support including, but not limited to handling conference/meeting planning, meeting logistics, note taking, logistics with supporting vendors, stakeholder interviews, project evaluations, phone calls, and emails.
The ECDS uses contemporary computer technologies, web-based applications, and social media techniques and tools to disseminate information and communications on Green Fin Studio programs and activities.
Core competencies include:
- Science and environmental communication
- Developing educational and outreach content and materials
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate across a variety of media and to diverse audiences
- Digital marketing strategies
- Focus on client satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated proficiencies in translating scientific and technical information to broader audiences via a variety of media, including online, print, educational, and in-person;
- Familiarity and experience working with the scientific and environmental community;
- Familiarity with graphic design and page layout using Adobe products.
- Experience with website updates and maintenance, WordPress platform experience preferred;
- Experience developing, implementing, and tracking lead generation strategies across multiple platforms;
- Experience planning, executing, and tracking web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and online campaigns;
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining social media presence;
- Experience measuring and reporting performance of digital marketing campaigns and assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in similar position, project management experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a motivated team member;
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field;
- Applicants must be able to work within our Richmond office once it is safe for businesses to re-open.
We offer generous leave, health, and retirement benefits, as well as opportunities for ongoing professional development. Necessary hardware and software will be provided by Green Fin Studio. Position salary is commensurate with experience. We encourage employees to identify opportunities for volunteer service and provide paid time off for involvement in such. We embrace sustainable business practices that benefit the environment and incorporate these into our daily office life and practices.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter detailing your experience, qualifications, and salary requirements, along with contact information for at least three professional references to us via email to Hello@GreenFinStudio.com with the subject line: Environmental Communications Digital Specialist.
Applications must be received by 5 pm, August 4, 2021.
Green Fin Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.