Green Fin Studio has an immediate opening for a full-time Environmental Communication Program Manager. We are a full-service environmental communication firm working at the intersection of strategy, science, and creative media. We work with a wide variety of clients seeking to meet or exceed environmental goals.
We have cultivated a high performing team with a reputation for delivering smart, innovative products. If this sounds like your type of mission-driven environment, consider joining us.
Green Fin Studio delivers products, campaigns, and ongoing services to help environmental messages connect with target audiences. Our work spans habitat restoration, environmental protection, climate change, sustainable food development, ocean and coastal management, fisheries management, science and technology, and more of our world’s most complex challenges.
Within our broad range of services, the Environmental Communication Program Manager position plays a key role in project development and management. Ideal candidates will have an extensive background in communication, that includes experience working with diverse stakeholders and interests.
The Environmental Communication Program Manager will guide project development and management, by identifying the right set of solutions for clients and managing staff to meet project needs. Responsibilities will vary based on project portfolio and include agenda setting, meeting facilitation, analyzing data to create communication plans, identifying target messages and storylines for clients, engaging stakeholders through a variety of online and in-person tools, writing reports, and proposal development. The position is supervised by related Green Fin Studio Project Directors and Senior leadership.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and work quality. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits, including a medical insurance plan, as well as a 401(k)-retirement plan. Green Fin Studio provides generous vacation and sick leave, volunteer participation, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, marine science, marketing, communications, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of work experience is required. Graduate degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful environmental communication plans and materials.
- Experience in brand development, particularly for environmentally-focused brands.
- Previous experience working with nonprofit, academic, and/or governmental organizations on fundraising, stakeholder engagement, brand development, and/or policy development.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and manage meetings with diverse audiences.
- Responsible for tracking and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in and create a positive team environment, fostering mutual trust and respect among rest of staff, partners, and clients.
- Be adept in understanding which range of communication solutions match client needs, styles, budget, and timelines.
- Be comfortable working in virtual settings, using a variety of tools that include Google Suite, Adobe Suite, Zoom, and Slack.
- Familiarity with GIS, Survey123, and StoryMap development and proficiency in working on Apple computers are preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Commitment to providing responsive, high-quality service to our clients in support of environmental goals.
Applications are requested by January 20, 2023. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to make hiring decisions before that deadline. Please note: The successful candidate must be in/near Richmond, Virginia, or willing to relocate. While we are currently working remotely, many of our local/regional clients require us onsite and we often meet in person to review projects.
Read the full announcement and apply for the position at: https://greenfinstudio.com/jobs/environmental-communication-program-manager/