Environmental Communications Internship
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your interests in environmental and social change with marketing and communications? If so, consider applying for this paid internship with Green Fin Studio.
Green Fin Studio works at this powerful intersection, providing creative and strategic communications support to a variety of mission-driven clients. Our team empowers other organizations to meet their goals through education, engagement, and action.
The Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following: developing content for our own and client web and social channels, assisting in digital strategy development and implementation, writing press releases and other targeted content, supporting media relations and assisting in proposal/client pitch development, and graphic design.
We are located in downtown Richmond, Virginia and are looking for a motivated, qualified intern to work with us at least 16 hours/week.
- Demonstrated interest and abilities in environmental and social issues
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and written
- Social media marketing and graphic design experience is a plus
- Proven organizational and self-motivational skills
- Willingness to work as part of a creative team to deliver exceptional results for our clients
- Must have own transportation and be able to work in downtown Richmond at least two days/week between the hours of 9 am-5 pm. Exact schedule is flexible.
Specific duties will include:
- Interviewing researchers and writing articles summarizing their projects;
- Developing blogs and newsletter articles around news and current events, best practices, new products, etc.;
- Online research, as directed by supervisor;
- Working with larger team to develop social marketing strategies;
- Creating social media schedules and posts;
- Tracking analytics and evaluating strategies; and
- Gaining experience in layout and design across a variety of software platforms.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for 2-3 professional references to hello [@] greenfinstudio dot com by February 14, 2020. This is a paid internship. Hourly rate will be based on qualifications of selected applicant. All items requested must be submitted to be considered. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis.