Green Fin Studio is where environmental needs meet art and strategy. We are a professional marketing and communications firm, addressing social and environmental priorities. We leverage our in-house technical and scientific expertise with innovative communication strategies and products. Our team provides curated content, print media, planning documents and strategies, web development, custom tools and visualizations, project management, stakeholder engagement, and more to a varied client base.
We are pleased to announce that we are adding a new, full-time Environmental Communications Specialist to join our Richmond, Virginia-based team. This position will support communication and outreach needs related to climate change and sustainability projects. The successful applicant will develop stakeholder engagement strategies, stakeholder identification databases, conduct stakeholder mapping, plan and help run community engagement meetings, capture meeting minutes and summarize those into reports, conduct online research, maintain project documents and files, develop communication and outreach materials, contribute to Green Fin Studio projects, and other duties as assigned. This position requires a strategic and organized thinker who takes a proactive and positive approach to projects.
The Environmental Communications Specialist will work closely with the rest of our team to ensure cross project coordination, information sharing to maintain efficient delivery of high-quality products. As a member of our team, the Environmental Communications Specialist will also represent Green Fin Studio at professional meetings and venues. At all times, professional and courteous conduct is required.
Core competencies must include:
- Strategic communications on scientific and environmental projects;
- Best practices for stakeholder engagement;
- Project management and tracking;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across a variety of media and to diverse audiences;
- Focus on client satisfaction;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; and
- Excellent organizational skills.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiencies stakeholder engagement;
- Familiarity and experience working with scientific and environmental information and a variety of communities;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in similar position;
- Demonstrated abilities as a creative thinking and problem solver;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Master’s degree preferred; and
- Applicants must be able to work within our Richmond office once it is safe for businesses to re-open.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, starting at $50,000/year
Applicants must be able to work in Richmond, Virginia. Green Fin Studio offers generous leave, health, and retirement benefits, as well as opportunities for ongoing professional development. Necessary hardware and software will be provided. We encourage employees to identify opportunities for volunteer service and provide paid time off for involvement in such. We embrace sustainable business practices that benefit the environment and incorporate these into our daily office life and practices.
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter detailing your experience, qualifications, and salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references via email to Hello@GreenFinStudio.com with the subject line: Environmental Communications Specialist.
Applications are requested by March 3, 2022. However, we will review applications on a rolling basis and may make a hiring decision before then. This announcement will remain active until we find the ideal candidate.
Green Fin Studio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.