Environmental Concern Inc.- Restoration Designer/CAD Specialist
Environmental Concern Inc.
Environmental Concern Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit located in St. Michaels, Maryland since 1972. EC’s mission is to promote the public understanding and stewardship of wetlands with the goal of improving water quality and enhancing nature’s habitat through wetland outreach and education, native species horticulture, and the restoration, creation and enhancement of wetlands. EC has restored more than one thousand wetland acres, protecting more than 35 miles of shoreline in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. EC designs, permits, constructs, plants, monitors, and maintains hundreds of wetland habitats, including tidal wetlands, nontidal wetlands, tidal and nontidal buffers, and surface water management facilities.
We are a design/build company seeking a wetland designer to join our team in designing, constructing, and restoring wetlands in the Chesapeake Bay region. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, good problem solving skills, the ability and desire to work outdoors on occasion, good written and verbal communication skills, and an interest or experience in CAD design.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Wetland delineation (tidal and nontidal)
- Ecological assessment, including vegetation identification
- Surveying using Total Station, GNSS and GPS equipment, and processing site surveys.
- Designing tidal and nontidal wetland
- Designing stormwater management projects to MDE stormwater design manual.
- Designing erosion and sediment control measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, or similar course of study.
- Three years of field experience.
- Advanced degrees or professional certifications such as: Master’s Degree, Licensed Landscape Architect, Professional Wetland Scientist may be substituted for experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
- Experience preparing E&SC, stormwater and grading permits.
- Familiarity with MDE manuals and procedures.
- Experience with wetland delineation and plant identification.
Professional certifications in engineering and surveying are NOT required.
Environmental Concern Inc. offers an exceptional work environment and competitive benefits. Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.wetland.org.
Job Type: Full-time