Irvine Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization that offers programs of environmental studies and natural science to children and adults of the greater Baltimore area. Our mission is to educate and inspire current and future generations to explore, respect and protect nature.
This internship is UNPAID, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution Irvine Nature Center is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and organized intern to prepare for and assist in hands-on, outdoor environmental education programs for school-aged children at area elementary schools. Under the direction of the program instructor, this position will help to plan and implement enrichment activities, recreational activities, and behavioral management with students in these programs. All programs take place at schools within 25 miles of Irvine Nature Center.
• Applicants must be interested in natural sciences, environmental and science education, outdoor recreation, or related fields
• Work experience with children
• Strong interest in the environment and natural history
• Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
• Strong interest in education
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with (or enthusiasm to learn) a variety of environmental education activities
• Positive attitude and professional demeanor
• Your own transportation
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Outdoor/Environmental Education, Human Services, Natural Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, or other related fields also considered.
• 5-10 hours per week
• Must have availability between 2:00-6:00 p.m.
• Must have Monday-Friday availability
To Apply: Please fill out the Volunteer Application on our website at https://www.explorenature.org/get-involved/volunteer/ before sending your resume and three references to our Volunteer Coordinator, Maggie Winkler, at WinklerM@ExploreNature.org.