2021 Summer Environmental Education Intern
The Howard County Conservancy is a non-profit environmental education center with two locations in Woodstock and Elkridge, MD. We reach out to more than 24,000 children each year through our nature field trip programs, Summer Camps, and more.
Environmental Education Interns gain experience in both educating students about environmental topics and in program management. Interns will work with the education team to plan, prepare and implement environmental lessons for campers and students. They will assist with program assessment and staff training. Training is provided. Weekly check-ins on personal educational growth will help the intern personalize the internship. College Credit may be received for this internship.
- Environmental Education Interns will hone teaching and presentation skills by planning, conducting and evaluating short lessons for campers and students.
- Learn how to connect lessons with State and National educational standards by working with education staff to design programs.
- Develop business writing skills by working with administrative staff to produce press releases, news bulletins and social network posts for events.
- Develop training activities for Junior Staff (ages 13-17) members.
- Manage volunteer projects in preparation for programs.
- At least one year of college completed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, dependability and leadership abilities
- Must provide own transportation
Intern work dates: Internships begin seasonally or by semester. Dates flexible. Average internships last 10 weeks. Our Summer Camp Season is June 21 – August 27, 2021
Intern hours: variable; approximately 20 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 4 pm, Monday-Friday.
To apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to Kylie Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.