2022 Summer Environmental Education Intern
The Howard County Conservancy is a non-profit environmental education center located in Woodstock, MD. We reach out to more than 24,000 children each year through our nature field trip programs, Summer Camps, and more.
Environmental Education Interns gain experience in both educating students about environmental topics and in program management. Interns will work with the education team to plan, prepare and implement environmental lessons for campers and students. They will assist with program assessment and staff training. Training is provided. Weekly check-ins on personal educational growth will help the intern personalize the internship. College Credit may be received for this internship.
- Environmental Education Interns will hone teaching and presentation skills by planning, conducting and evaluating short lessons for campers and students.
- Learn how to connect lessons with State and National educational standards by working with education staff to design programs.
- Support Senior Camp Counselors in classroom management by maintaining a safe, warm, supportive and fun environment for all campers.
- Assist with the After Care program as needed.
- Manage volunteer projects in preparation for programs.
- At least one year of college completed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, dependability and leadership abilities
- Must provide own transportation
Intern work dates: Internships begin seasonally or by semester. Dates flexible. Average internships last 10 weeks. Our Summer Camp Season is June 20 – August 26, 2022
Intern hours: variable; approximately 20 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 5 pm, Monday-Friday. *20 hours per week required- can offer up to 40 hours per week.
Compensation: $50 weekly stipend available
To apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter via e-mail to Kylie Watson at email@example.com.